I couldn't believe it when I read it - it's true but you need to act NOW in order to take advantage of this awesome program. The deal ends May 7, 2009! If you know any active duty military that can take advantage of this deal - please send them this link.
Direct From the JetBlue Web Site
JetBlue proudly supports our men and women in uniform. In honor of National Military Appreciation Month, we’re offering active duty military personnel $1* fares for domestic, nonstop flights, for a limited time, departing from the two JetBlue cities nearest to our nation’s capital: Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) in Dulles, VA, and Richmond International Airport (RIC) in Richmond, VA. To further honor our military, JetBlue will donate $15,000 to the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), a non-profit organization whose mission is to honor and empower wounded warriors. Learn more about the Wounded Warrior Project.
Book between May 5 and May 7, 2009 or while seats last
Travel between May 8 and May 31, 2009
Travel from Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) or Richmond International Airport (RIC)
Travel to any destination in the continental U.S. served nonstop from IAD or RIC
Open to servicemembers of the U.S. Regular Armed Forces who are currently serving on active duty. Proof of eligibility required (see below)
SOLD OUT - $1* Fares are no longer available from Dulles (IAD) to Long Beach, CA (LGB) and Oakland, CA (OAK)
To book your $1* fare
1. Call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) and select option 4. Important: Flights cannot be purchased online or at the airport service counter. Servicemembers are responsible for applicable taxes and fees.
2. At the airport, you must check in at the service counter and present a current, valid DOD Common Access Card and official documentation from your branch of service verifying that you are on authorized leave from active duty. Failure to present these documents will void your reservation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the promotion?
While seats last, JetBlue is offering active duty military personnel $1* fares for flights originating from Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) or Richmond International Airport (RIC) to any nonstop JetBlue city in the continental U.S. in May. Travel must be booked by May 7, 2009 or while seats last. The traveler is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with a domestic flight, approximately $11.60 oneway. Limit one flight per person. While seats last. Availability is limited.
Who is eligible for the $1 fare?
All active duty military personnel currently serving in the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and Coast Guard and aged 18 or older are eligible to take advantage of this promotion. All flights will depart out of Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) or Richmond International Airport (RIC). Retirees, reservists and military families are not eligible for this offer.
What are the travel dates?
The $1* fares are available on flights that depart between May 8 and May 31, 2009.
Can I travel outside of these dates?
The $1* fares are only available on flights between May 8 and May 31, 2009. If you would like to travel outside the promotion dates, you may certainly do so, but you will have to purchase a regular fare flight.
Where can I go?
We are offering limited availability $1* fares from IAD and RIC to any nonstop destination that we serve from those airports in the continental U.S. Nonstop destinations from Dulles include Boston, MA; Long Beach, CA (SOLD OUT); Fort Lauderdale, FL; Orlando, FL; New York, NY (JFK); and Oakland, CA (SOLD OUT). Nonstop destinations from Richmond include: Boston, MA; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Orlando, FL; and New York, NY (JFK).
Can I cancel or change my reservation?
No changes or cancellations will be allowed for these fares. These fares are nonrefundable.
Can I book this online or at the airport?
No, you must call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583), option 4 in order to make your reservation.
When do I have to book?
You must book between May 5 and 7, 2009 or while seats last.
How do I book?
1. Search for flights from IAD and RIC on jetblue.com and select a variety of travel dates and flight options. Preselecting a variety of flight options will greatly reduce your phone time.
2. Once you have determined your flights and dates, call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583), option 4 to speak to one of our friendly Reservations crewmembers to book your flight. The $15 phone booking fee will be waived for this promotion only. Have your credit card number handy to pay taxes and fees.
3. At the airport on the day of your flight, you must check in with an Airports crewmember at the service counter. Travel booked with this offer is not eligible for Online Flight Check-in or at an airport kiosk. At the service counter you must present (1) a current, valid DOD Common Access Card and (2) official documentation from your branch of service verifying that you are on authorized leave from active duty, so that we may verify your status as an active duty military serviceman/woman. Failure to present these documents will void your reservation.
I am the parent of a service member. Can I book a flight for my son or daughter?
The service member taking the flight must also personally book the reservation and pay the taxes and fees on the flight.
For more information visit http://www.jetblue.com/deals/military/